About this event
The Institute’s annual costing conference provides the NHS with the latest developments and guidance in NHS costing, as well as increasing awareness of the collaborative approach needed to truly harness the power of data. The day will include interactive workshops, case study examples, policy updates and the chance to network with your colleagues.
The day will feature an update from the national director of efficiency, a look at the challenges and rewards from sharing cost and activity data across a health system as well as using change management techniques to build engagement within the organisation.
This is a must-attend conference for those needing a support network and wishing to gain confidence in their ability to meet costing requirements.
|Institute partner (NHS)
Check the list of Institute partners here
|Institute Partner (NHS) additional place
|£149 + VAT
|Non-Institute Partner/ Hub Partner Rate (NHS)
|£299 + VAT
|Non-Institute Partner/ Non-Hub Partner (NHS)
|£399 + VAT
* Places at the conference venue are limited so are subject to availability and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please note free face to face tickets are limited to two per Institute partner organisation. Additional partner and non-partner tickets can also be purchased, however these will be subject to venue capacity and availability.
Chair’s opening remarks
The costing teams in the Lancashire and South Cumbria integrated care system teams have developed a single patient-level cost information source providing detailed insight into financial and non-financial metrics for organisations across the system. The approach, devised by individual costing teams, provides system-level benchmarking data more frequently and quickly than annual national data. The data is also more granular, allowing the system to drill deeper into cost drivers.
In this session, the presenters will give an overview of the approach, share details of the impact the work is having and give advice on how to adopt a similar approach in your own systems.
Synopses and speakers TBC.
This session will share details of work that is taking place already and also explore the opportunities and challenges as this work develops. Each panel member talk about work that is going on in their organisation and this will be followed by a chaired discussion to explore the issues and benefits in more detail.
This session will explain practical strategies and techniques for managing change and creating a culture of engagement. Jo will discuss the importance of clear communication, proactive leadership, and stakeholder involvement in navigating transitions smoothly. The session will also include real-world examples highlighting successful change management initiatives that resulted in improved engagement and productivity. Additionally, attendees will learn about tools such as feedback loops and training programmes to mitigate resistance to change. Attendees will come away with valuable insights and actionable takeaways looking to enhance engagement levels within their organisation.
Chair’s reflections and close.
Exhibition and sponsorship
Commercial opportunities are available for this event.
- A no-show fee of £299 will apply to free of charge ticket holders who cancel within 72 hours of the event start date.
- Tickets can be substituted up until the day prior to the event start, to allow a colleague to attend in place of the original registrant.
- 80% refund up to one month before the first date of the event.
- 50% refund between one month and up to two weeks before the first day of the event.
- No refund where cancellation is received with less than two weeks’ notice.
This event is for senior NHS finance and healthcare professionals and will provide delegates with the know-how to begin applying value in practice.
Wes and Rob will share details of a groundbreaking pilot project which is at the cutting edge of healthcare analytics.