The Healthcare financial management association is committed to upholding your privacy and taking care with your personal data as a valued member, customer and user of our services.
This statement describes what information HFMA collects, how we use the personal information you provide to us and how we control and keep your data secure.
If you have any queries about this privacy statement, please email email@example.com
Who we are
The HFMA is a registered charity in England and Wales, no 1114463 and Scotland, no SCO41994. HFMA is also a limited company registered in England and Wales, no 5787972.
We are dedicated to protecting the public interest by setting and promoting the highest standards in financial management and governance in healthcare.
What information we collect
We collect the following information:
- name, job title and organisation
- contact information including email address
- information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information on professional qualifications and NHS pay bands for members
- inclusion and diversity information for members including; gender, age, ethnic origin and disability
- other information relevant to member surveys and/or offers
- digital images and videos at our events
- any other information required to process your membership/course application or enquiry that you submit to us
The personal information HFMA collects will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- process your enquiry or application
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services, or to shape the content that we provide to our members
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, mail or email. We may use the information to customise the website or our app according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Controlling your personal information and our duty
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject to your communication preferences, HFMA may share your personal information (name, email, job title, organisation) with our third party service providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf . However, we only intend on keeping your data for the time it is necessary and to not use it for anything other than the purpose it was collected for.
- You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information or to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
However, we only intend on keeping your data for the time it is necessary and to not use it for anything other than the purpose it was collected for.
Alternatively, if you believe that any information we are holding on about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible, and we will promptly amend it.
Special category data
HFMA will never share special category data and will only use this information to inform the association about who our members our and to shape the services we offer. All special category data that we collect from members is stored and processed in accordance with GDPR legislation.