This course introduces business cases and how they are used in NHS organisations. It provides those preparing a business case with an overview of their use and how one can be structured. The course considers the importance of managing change and option appraisal as well as the key elements needed for success.
- What is a business case?
- The components of a business case
- Business cases in the NHS
- Business cases that work – appraising options
- Business cases that work – procurement options
- Business cases that work – managing risk
- Business cases that work – keys to success
Up to date, easy to understand content, written by NHS experts
Access to your course online for 12 months
3 hours of accredited CPD
Certificate of completion
Explore a subscription for your organisation
Find out more about an HFMA bitesize subscription for your organisation's staff. Get access to our full range of courses for your staff and save.
How do I achieve a Foundation award in healthcare finance?
This course can count towards the Foundation award in healthcare finance. To achieve the award you will need to complete five bitesize short courses, including the compulsory short course ‘NHS finance’. The Foundation award can be purchased for just £165+VAT.
On completion of the Foundation award in healthcare finance you will gain:
- The Foundation award in healthcare finance certificate
- A free copy of the HFMA publication ‘Introductory guide to healthcare finance’
- 15 hours accredited CPD
This event is for senior NHS finance and healthcare professionals and will provide delegates with the know-how to begin applying value in practice.
This conference provides those responsible for financial reporting the opportunity to start to plan for the financial year-end.