What is the intermediate qualification?
The HFMA intermediate qualification is an undergraduate level (level 4) certificate qualification aimed at those working in NHS band 2 to 6 roles, either new to the NHS or keen to enhance their knowledge in healthcare business and finance.
The qualification consists of one 20 credit module 'How finance works in the NHS' and can be studied free of charge if you qualify for the criteria listed below. The qualification module is delivered entirely online.
An HFMA intermediate certificate provides you with the skills needed to enhance your knowledge in how finance works in the NHS.
To achieve an intermediate certificate, you will need to gain a pass in one 20 credit module.
If you meet the criteria below, you could qualify for FREE enrolment on our intermediate route qualification.
- Working in a role within NHS agenda for change bands 2 to 6?
- Wanting to further progress your career?
- Wanting to know more about healthcare finance?
- Looking for the next step in your development?
- Looking to meet and network with other like-minded people?
- Short of time and can’t get to a study centre but worry about your motivation if you are left to study alone online?
If you meet the criteria listed above, you are likely to qualify to undertake the 20 credit module 'How finance works in the NHS' for free. The free places are limited so it is recommended you submit your application early.
View full details apply
Get full details on the module 'How finance works in the NHS' and how to apply.