Helping NHS finance support the transformation of care through digital technologiesDigital technologies such as digital medicine, genomics, artificial intelligence and robotics have a huge potential to transform the delivery of healthcare. These technologies can empower patients to participate actively in their care, with a greater focus on wellbeing and prevention. They also support the prediction of individual disease risk and personalise the management of long-term conditions.
The HFMA, supported by Health Education England, is delivering a 12-month programme of work to increase awareness amongst NHS finance staff about digital healthcare technologies, and enable finance to take an active role in supporting the use of digital technology to transform services and drive value and efficiency.
The programme includes briefings, roundtables, the Delivering Value with Digital Technologies Award, case studies, blogs, events, webinars, HFMA bitesize modules and much more. Read on to find out more.
- HFMA bitesize online course: introduction to digital transformation (free to NHS staff)
- HFMA podcast: the MedTech funding mandate and removing barriers to innovation
- HFMA annual conference 2021 session recordings
- Online learning labs
- Pulmonary rehabilitation enabled by virtual reality and artificial intelligence
- NHS digital playbooks, gastroenterology
- Case study - Dorset ICS
- Main stage sessions
- Reimagining care
- Improving efficiency
- HFMA virtual 2022 event: delivering value with digital technologies