Self-reflection, position analysis, and a focus on development needs are critical when encouraging and providing support for staff development. It is also important to consider the various training methods available, such as via orientation, and other support tools such as coaching and mentoring.
The personal portfolio is the foundation for all personal and professional development. Portfolios have been produced specifically for finance staff to record all aspects of development, and are recognised as CPD records by all major professional bodies.
Personal Development Plans are encouraged by the use of the portfolio and competencies can be mapped against career frameworks.
Please find below documents for PDP's and the Personal Portfolio framework:
- FSD Personal Portfolio - Assessing Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- FSD Personal Portfolio - The Training Guide
- FSD Personal Portfolio - Development Planning
- FSD Personal Portfolio - Section 1 - Personal Information and Records
- FSD Network Personal Portfolio - Finance Case Study
- FSD Personal Portfolio - Job Descriptions and Objectives
- FSD Personal Portfolio - Section 3 - The Training Guide
- FSD Personal Portfolio Intro
- Programme of events
- Useful links and news
- Working with others
- Personal development
- Professional studies