Specifically developed for Mental Health Trusts...
Following the success of The NHS Operating Game - Acute we had a huge amount of interest from our colleagues and members in the mental health sector, to have a game tailored for their organisations. So, we endeavoured to meet the requirement and developed The NHS Operating Game - Mental Health.
The game provides a unique and powerful opportunity for trust staff to experience some of the key operational, clinical and financial challenges faced by a mental health trust.
Playing the game will help teams to achieve the following:
- Understand how a mental health provider body is run and how clinical and service decisions can impact financial outcomes
- Understand finance terminology and how finance works in the NHS
- Appreciate the impact of resource allocation and operational planning on financial outcomes
- Understand how operational and financial decisions make an impact on service quality
- Gain an overview of how different mental health services could be paid for
- Gain an understanding of how fixed assets are financed and depreciated
HFMA delivery day
The day is facilitated at your premises, by HFMA’s high calibre facilitators who have worked in NHS finance at board level for decades. Teams will be managing a mental health trust for a day, with various responsibilities such as managing service users, varying treatments, funding, assets and relationships with commissioners.
We guarantee a session that is Fun, Informative, Interactive and Insightful.
Annual licence option
Want to run training in house? HFMA also offer the Operating game on an annual licence to NHS organisations, supported with a 2 day ‘train-the-trainer’ course to enable your finance team to run the game. We deliver you a complete game kit with all resources required for you to run your training and then offer continued support throughout the duration of your license during which your team can run the training as many times as you wish.
Relevant, real-life NHS training
Our Facilitators have all worked at board level for decades and bring relevant and real-life NHS experience to the operating game training days.
Want to know more?
Please contact the team on 0117 938 8350 or email email@example.com