HFMA devolved nations branch bursary
Funding is also available for HFMA members from the devolved nations through your HFMA branch.
£600 is available for applicants of the level 7 advanced diploma or higher diploma, or £200 is available for study of the level 7 advanced certificate.
Branch funding is allocated on a first come first served basis, eligible applicants should indicate they wish to receive branch funding in their level 7 application form. Eligibility criteria apply.
Professional career development loan
The HFMA advanced diploma in healthcare business and finance is registered as a qualification on the professional career development loan (PCDL) register.
PCDL are bank loans that have to be paid back.
- You start repaying the loan (plus interest at a reduced rate) 1 month after leaving your course
- The government pays the interest while you study and for 1 month after you leave your course
- Providers may vary but a professional and career development loan typically ranges from £300 to £10,000
- After this time, you start repaying the loan and interest
- You have to repay your loan even if you don’t complete the course or your course provider goes out of business.
- The PCDL can be used in conjunction with the NHSI/E bursary to fund your studies with HFMA
Applications for this loan can be submitted up to 25 January 2019. Information on how to apply for the Professional and Career Development Loan can be found at here www.gov.uk/career-development-loans.
Other government grants and bursaries for adult learners can be found here https://www.gov.uk/grant-bursary-adult-learners