HFMA South West Branch: Lunch & Learn - Introduction to emotional intelligence - managing the chimp within
26 October 2021 - 26 October 2021
ContentEmotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathise with others, overcome challenges, and defuse conflict. Emotional intelligence helps you build stronger relationships, succeed at work, and achieve your career and personal goals. It can also help you to connect with your feelings, turn intention into action, and make informed decisions about what matters most to you.
In the workplace, where good communication and relationships with colleagues are essential for success, it is really important to be able to ‘self-regulate’ and to be aware of what we are feeling, but also to be able to understand our impact on others. This short 1-hour workshop is an introduction to EI and will explore the key principles of EI and provide you with a few practical tools to develop your emotional intelligence.
This session will follow up with a learning set of 3 more emotional intelligence events. Please click here to view the programme, if you are interested in being part of a learning set please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Learn what is emotional intelligence and its’ attributes
- Understand why it is important
- Learn the 6 fundamental principles of Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the physiology and psychology of emotions
- Be introduced to a number of practical tools to help manage emotions when under pressure
- Learn the emotional bank account tool to repair relationships