Brighter Together: Estates Forum
Brighter Together – free one day programmes for HFMA members
13 November 2018
110 Rochester Row
About this eventThe 2017 autumn budget announced £3.5 billion in additional capital funding for the NHS. Most of this is to be used to deliver transformation at the STP level. As a result STPs are required to develop an estates and capital plan which is aligned with their strategy for services transformation and financial sustainability.
Why should you attend?
This conference is designed to enable finance leaders and senior facilities staff to explore how capital can be financed and consider strategic estates planning at a system level. It will also examine practical issues such as how to manage the risks of backlog maintenance, as well as examining the challenges of demonstrating value for money and ensuring estates are managed to maximise benefits to patients.
If you would like to book onto this event please email Josie Baskerville
*HFMA full individual members will be able to attend for free – we encourage you to bring along a procurement/HR/estates colleague at £99 for non-members
If you are not currently an HFMA member and would like to join for as little as £5 a month, please visit our membership page
This event is kindly sponsored by:
1. What’s next on the agenda for driving Estate change
Simon Corben, Director and Head of Profession NHS Estates and Facilities, NHS Improvement
2. Capital and cash: looking to the future
Chris Cale, Assistant Director of Capital & Cash, NHS Improvement and Ian Stone, Deputy Director- Capital & Land Strategy, Department of Health and Social Care
3. How are STPs accessing capital?
Michelle Robinson, Strategic Finance Lead, One Acute Network, Dorset
4. Delivering successful Public Private Partnerships
Mark Day, Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Chief Executive, Community Health Partnerships and Gillian Hunt, Chief Finance Officer, Community Health Partnerships
5. Private sector capital – supporting public sector investment
Vikki Town, Group Finance & Operations Director and Phil Holland, Chief Investment Officer
6. The benefits of successful collaboration; how University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust have worked with their PFI contractors to go from ‘shipwreck to flagship’
Lorraine Whitehead, Director of Estates, Facilities and PFI, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
7. One trust’s approach to estate management: a case study from Central and North West London NHS FT
Hardev Virdee, Chief Finance Officer, Central and North West London NHS FT
8. Creating sustainable investment in local communities
Ian Stenton, Head of Sustainability, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
9. NHS capital – a system in distress?
Debbie Paterson, Policy and Technical Manager, HFMA
10. Aligning the agenda: how do we start to understand one another?
Jo Dolby, Capital and commercial Lead and Fiona Daly, Sustainability and E&F Workforce Lead, NHS Improvement