Future-Focused Finance is about improving NHS finance for everyone; recognising the need for strong financial skills and understanding across all professional groups to deliver the good patient care and value for tax payers.
In 2018 the Future Leadership Council refreshed their strategic aim and objectives. This means with the support of the Finance Development Foundation and Finance Staff Development we’re working to develop a diverse, appropriately skilled, adaptable and resilient finance function and workforce to ensure value for money and quality services for patients.
We have 5 delivery themes and each is supported by committed finance leaders from among the NHS:
- Driving and Designing Finance to Adapt to System Change - widening our scope of vision, responding to changing demands in a way that results in improvement.
- Culture – promoting good values, psychology, attitudes, beliefs and experiences.
- Workforce & Leadership – Looking forward to identify the skills that the workforce will need in the coming 5-10 years and helping people develop those skills.
- Engagement & Development - equitable access to opportunities for all to develop their knowledge of NHS finance.
- Efficiency & Value - promoting ways of working that improve outcomes or reduce resources without compromising either.