We seek to represent, support and provide high quality, independent and objective advice to our members and the wider healthcare community. We aim to promote best practice and innovation in financial management and leadership across the UK health economy through our local and national networks.
We look to respond to national policy and exert influence in shaping the wider healthcare agenda. If you are a healthcare finance professional looking to make a difference, connect with like-minded colleagues and improve your performance then joining HFMA will signal your determination and commitment to the cause.
The vision that inspires us is a world where we see:
'Better quality healthcare through effective use of resources’.
In order to help deliver this vision we are committed to our mission of:
- Representing and supporting healthcare finance professionals
- Influencing healthcare policy
- Promoting best practice, education and CPD
HFMA 2017-20 is our new three year strategy. It sets out for our members, customers and stakeholders the vision and strategy that we want to achieve to help UK healthcare achieve its goals. It highlights four key objectives and how we will deliver them. The strategy will help us move forward, grow and better serve our members.
The strategy is governed by several over-riding themes:
- The over-riding objective is to ensure that HFMA remains relevant and financially stable as a vehicle to support an NHS facing a continued period of funding constraint.
- The Association will draw upon its reserves, where appropriate, to maintain affordable and accessible programmes.
- It will invest in services to enable HFMA to transform itself into new areas of growth and support for its members.
- The next three years will see the Association strive to take advantage of new opportunities in education and re-align its overall offering to members and the NHS.
- To assist with the quest for value and provide a better service the HFMA will move towards becoming a digital organisation through the use of smarter technology.
- Through the use of digital technology HFMA will aim to become a learning and sharing organisation, a true ‘one stop shop’ resource for members.
It is the Association’s policy to treat all applicants, employees, clients, suppliers and contacts in the same way, regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religious belief, gender re-assignment, race, colour, nationality, age, ethnic or national origins, religion and disability. We seek to promote this philosophy at every opportunity, across all areas including recruitment, employment, terms and conditions, training and development, promotion and service delivery. By using this approach we should attract, retain and motivate good calibre staff; create an environment which makes the most effective use of those who work for us; be viewed as a good employer and maintain our high reputation as an organisation amongst our customers and within the local community.