Healthcare Costing for Value Institute
About the Healthcare Costing for Value Institute
Over the past five years the focus on Costing in the NHS has gradually increased, particularly with the introduction of patient-level information and costing systems (PLICs). HFMA has continued to support the NHS costing community through it's costing practitioner groups, which have produced the annual Clinical Costing Standards, now forming part of Monitor's approved costing guidance.
The NHS is now at a point where it is recognising the importance of good costing, the need for highly trained costing staff and the possibilities of costing for value. The HFMA Healthcare Costing for Value Institute is in the ideal position to help organisations meet these needs and explore these possibilities.
The Institute will bring together financial and clinical information to support organisations in better understanding the drivers of services and where greater value may be achieved.
The institute will focus on how cost information is produced and used in organisations, along care pathways and across health economies. A greater understanding in this area will allow for more robust and value-based decision-making around the performance and delivery of services.
Subscription to the Institute will be on an organisational basis. The target audiences within your organisation will be:
- Finance Directors
- Chief Finance Officers
- Costing Leads and Practitioners
- Finance Management Teams
- Operational Managers
- Information Teams
Just a few of the benefits...
- Attendance at conferences where national costing and business information issues are shared, explored and discussed with all relevant departments including finance, clinical and informatics
- Input into the development of a unique toolkit designed to support the implementation and use of PLICs, for
the purpose of accurate national pricing and value-based decision making within individual organisations
- Network with peers, share best practice, implement evidence-based learning and exchange opinions on the latest thinking
- Free and/or discounted place(s) at costing events, including the Annual HFMA Healthcare Costing for Value
- Exclusive access to Institute specific webinars focused on costing and value
- Access to high-level strategic Value Masterclasses designed for Directors to both give access to the most highly
regarded speakers and advance the thought leadership around value in healthcare
- Exclusive access to the Institute’s closed LinkedIn discussion group
- Exclusive access to Institute-specific content, supporting materials and resource library
- Support the development of the national clinical costing standards and their recommendations
- The opportunity to input into and benefit from International and commercial research and publications
Click here to download the brochure
To find out more about becoming a founding member of HFMA's Healthcare Costing for Value Institute please contact:
James Blackwell, Business Development Manager
t: 0117 938 8446