Finance Director of the Year Award
This award is for professional excellence in financial management and leadership. It recognises an individual’s contribution to their organisation’s financial performance and towards the improvement in health or healthcare locally or nationally in any of the four UK nations. It also aims to highlight the finance directors’ role in leading and developing the NHS finance function.
*By Finance Director we mean anyone who is responsible for finance at board level. The position must be a statutory appointment and the person must be recognised as the finance leader, finance director or CFO.
WINNER: Caroline Clarke, Royal Free London NHS FT
Other shortlisted entries:
Ismail Hafeji from Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Rob Forster from Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
Tim Goodson from NHS Dorset
The Judging Panel
- Sue Jacques, Chief Executive, County Durham & Darlington NHS FT
- David Flory, Deputy NHS Chief Executive, Department of Health
- John Matheson, Director of Health Finance and Information, The Scottish Government
- Paul Assinder, Director of Finance & Information, Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS FT
- Richard Wood, Head of Health, Zurich